A Prosperous Watering Hole


web1_DeLucasOne of Bellevue’s most prosperous watering holes was owned by Charlie DeLuca. The business began in 1933 and slumped somewhat during the post-war years. Charlie’s sons Joseph, Jake and Enrico “Pete” added the famed “Mardi Gras” room to bolster its seating capacity. The addition was successful as DeLuca’s Cafe and “Mardi Gras” room business flourished through the 1960s and 1970s when it was sold and became Mira’s Cafe.

The building was located on Southwest St. and is now a portion of the city parking lot.